It’s finally summer and the parties and cookouts are appearing in full force. There will be weddings, vacations, graduations, birthdays and so many more events to fill up our summer calendars. Events mean food, travel, time, money and more. While we may love them, we may put aside our own personal needs for a time and forget about our health, goals and what our own families need. That’s okay for a time but then you need to get back on track or you know what will happen. You will over commit yourself, forget to do important things and run yourself into the ground. Make this summer different. This is your life we’re talking about here!
Here are 5 things you can do right now to get yourself back on track:
1. Take your vitamins. Go. Right now. If you don’t have vitamins either go to the store or order them online. You need at the very minimum, a good multi-vitamin to start. Vitamins will give you energy, stamina and all over wellness.
2. Drink a glass of water. Add a drop of lemon essential oil or real lemon into the glass. Sit down for 5 minutes and enjoy it. You can thank me later for your renewed spirit 🙂
3. Make a list of things you want/need to do in the next 24-48 hours. A list will keep you on track and keep you from running in circles. Make sure you add sleep and some time for yourself in there!
4. Take a walk, ride a bike, exercise in some way, even if it is only for 5 minutes. Get off your butt and move. Walk to the mailbox, ride your bike to a park, dance with your kids – get your blood pumping and flowing!
5. Revisit your goals. You should have them written somewhere or saved on your phone or computer. If not, take 5 minutes and make some goals right now. Achievable goals and dreams can move mountains. I save my lists on my computer email program in the draft folder 🙂 That way I can always update and read them as needed.
What are a few things you do to get back on track?